You can order my pamphlet, ‘Wasted Rainbow’, from tall-lighthouse here: https://tall-lighthouse.co.uk/caleb-parkin/
Or by contacting me directly for a signed (in gold) copy…
My continuing adventures as Bristol City Poet, 2020 – 22, which you can read here.
Poems and films online…
- ‘Ecco the Dolpin’ on Ink, Sweat and Tears
- ‘Birth Poem’ and ‘Ode on a Black Plastic Compost Bin’ on Atrium Poetry
- ‘Please Do Not Touch the Walrus or Sit on the Iceberg‘ on And Other Poems
- ‘For I Will Consider Gnorma, the ASDA Pride Gnome’ on Ben Banyard’s blog
- ‘garden’ – a poetry-film made in collaboration with Marius Grose
- Several poems and readings of them on iamb
- Some more experimental poems on Molly Bloom
- Two poems on Tentacular
- Because I needed to say something – We Push Buttons on Poetry24 – Where news is the muse
- My videopoem Bony Orbit on Atticus Review
- Some Visual Verse
- Folia magazine
- A Poetry School pamphlet of the Chainmail project
- A video poem created in a collaborative workshop, which you can watch here
- (Not quite published – but in the long list for the Rialto nature poetry competition with my dating advert for a Colossal Squid…)
- Eyedrum Periodically here and here
- The Moon Magazine
- Montucky Review
- Glass: A Journal of Poetry, here
- (from way back in University days) Helicon, here
- response – with many other people’s – to the burning down of Weston Pier, here.
- a reblog from a fellow enthusiast of scientific ideas (and lover of wild birds), here.
- another reblog of a found poem I created for NaPoWriMo, here
- Death Café Bristol blog – a review of the event, here
- BBC News Online: ‘What Happens To Uncollected Ashes?’ Radio 4 feature tie in. March 2012.
My writing has been in print/performance/competitions…
- My poems have featured in print and online journals such as: The Rialto, Poetry Review, Poetry Wales, Magma, Under the Radar, Butcher’s Dog, Coast to Coast to Coast, Strix, fourteen poems, And Other Poems, Ink, Sweat and Tears, Finished Creatures, Lighthouse, Envoi, Molly Bloom and Tentacular.
- First place in the Winchester Poetry Prize 2017, judged by Sarah Howe, for my poem Somewhere To Keep The Rain – after Wen Ying-Tsai, Umbrella (1971)
- Second Prize in The National Poetry Competition 2016, for my poem The Desktop Metaphor
- My pamphlet Gentle Voices of Machines was shortlisted in The Rialto Open Pamphlet Competition 2016, by judge Hannah Lowe
- Ware Poets Open Competition 2016: my poem The Thereminist Hails a Bus is commended by Philip Gross and appeared in anthology
- Videopoetry and performance in #SmartCityDampDataCitizenSpectaculecture at the at-Bristol Planetarium
- My short story Spand Grectacular was published in the Rattle Tales 3 anthology
- LS13: A New Generation of Leeds Writers – one of ’20 under 40’ to be featured in this anthology of new writing
- The Trailer Tent – regular film-trailer review feature. The Leeds Debacle, 2013
- Associate Editor and Writer at Research Media Ltd, reporter at BioVision World Life Sciences Forum. Lyon, 2011
- Monologue ‘Units of Memory’ performed in Show of Strength Theatre Company’s ‘Trade It?’ project. Bristol, 2009.
- Guardian Family Section link-in with Radio 4 feature, ‘What to do with a loved one’s ashes?’ here.