Here’s an ongoing list of my (relevant) education, CPD, training and professional memberships:
- MSc, Creative Writing for Therapeutic Purposes (CWTP) graduated summer 2019, with Metanoia Institute, accredited by Middlesex University
- Breakdown of module content for PGCert.:
- Module One: Introduction to Creative Writing and its Therapeutic Applications
- Module Two: Reflective Personal Writing
- Module Three: Therapeutic Settings and Established Theories.
- Breakdown of module content for PGDip.:
- Module Four: Facilitating Therapeutic Groups
- Module Five: The Question of Creative Writing for Therapeutic Purposes
- Module Six: Research Methods for Therapeutic Settings
- MSc Dissertion specialising on CWTP in museum and gallery settings, entitled:
If we are here to wonder / I wonder at this: A Poetic Inquiry, utilising Participatory Action Research, into ways in which Creative Writing for Therapeutic Purposes could be used in a museum or gallery setting.
- BA: Drama and English – First Class Hons – University of Bristol
- NAWE National Association of Writers in Education – Professional Member (through which I have Public Liability Insurance)
- FRSA – Fellow of the RSA (The Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce)
- Lapidus International: Words for Wellbeing.
- Arvon Residential with Fiona Benson, Katrina Naomi and Richard Scott, November 2019
- Queer Studio – Tutor: Mary Jean Chan, 2018
- Ecopoetry, Environmentalism and Activism – Tutor: Samantha Walton, 2018
- Poetry and the Non-Human – Tutor: Suzannah Evans, 2018
- Portrait / Landscape – Tutor: Holly Corfield-Carr, 2017
- Bristol Poetry Studio – Tutor: Fiona Hamilton – Spring/Summer 2016
- The Poetry of Pain – Tutor: Daniel Sluman – March 2016
- Advanced Poetry Writing workshops – Tutor: Rommi Smith – 2013-14
- WEA Write That Novel course, December – January 09/10
- University of Bristol Lifelong learning – creative prose writing course (2008)
Training and Other CPD:
- Museum as a Site and Source for Learning, FutureLearn (May – June 2020)
- Mental Health First Aid, one-day in person, Bristol Relationships (November 2019)
- Inspiring Adult Learning: An Introduction to Tutoring in the Community Level 3 course accredited by the Workers’ Educational Association (May – July 2016)
- Accredited Arts Adviser, which means I can plan, deliver and set up moderations for the Discover, Explore (EL3), Bronze (L1) and Silver (L2) Arts Award qualifications – and have a track record in doing so. Drop me a line to talk about this if it might suit your setting
- Literature and Mental Health: Reading for Wellbeing – with Future Learn (February 2016)
- Mentoring: The Next Creative Generation – Helen LeBroque, Artswork. (July 2015, Bristol)
- Kids Company: Ethos & Theory Training (May 2015)
- Preparing to Work in Youth Arts – Lesley Wood, Artswork. (October 2014, Bristol)
- Shout About It – publicising your writing. With Jo Bell, Canal Laureate (June 2014, Manchester)
- Make It Look Good – websites for writers. (June 2014, Manchester).
- Foundation in Solution-Focused Practice – Change, Birmingham, May 17-18 2014
- Working Effectively with Troubled and Troublesome Teenagers – February 2014, Human Givens College
- NAWE: Working in Schools (February 2013, Birmingham).
- Working with children
- MediaTrust Mentoring Training
- Chairing and Facilitation Skills (1 day, in person Mar 07)
- Creative Facilitation Training (2 day in person, Sept 07)
- Final Cut Pro Training (2 day in person)
- Photoshop training (half day in person)
- Story-telling workshop (1 day in person)
- Development Induction (2 day in person)
- Writing for Television (2 day in person, June 2010).